Disqus Comment not showing up

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I believe I have evrything installed correctly, and created an Blog Post, dont see them Disqus comment box?

Regards,

TJ Havens

May 19, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Hi TJ,

Sorry for the delay. I thought CodePlex emailed an alert when someone posted, so I haven't been watching.

Did you get this worked out? Do you have your site online? Can you send me the URL? I'd like to see whats rendering in the output.

Thanks,

Drew

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I have the same issue - the standard comment box is showing up. And i cannot configure the disqus module (no settings available).

Any help would be appreciated :)

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Hey, I had a similar issue. When I went to the app gallery and installed the Disqus module, I was selecting 1.0, but it was actually installing 0.9. Not sure if you have that, but I certainly did. In any case, I did not see the module in the admin menu to configure nor did I see anything in settings and furthermore the comments did not show. In other words it was like my Orchard couldn't even see it.

This is on 1.6 by the way.

I had better luck with this: https://github.com/jkernech/Orchard.Disqus . I installed the module manually. In case you don't know the nuget package is just a zip file, change the extension and open it. Extract the files, and search in the file structure for the folder you need to place in the modules directory of your orchard installation. After that, you'll have two installed - the old one and the new one "Orchard.Disqus". We want the new one. Simply go into your modules section of the admin menu and disable the old one and enable the new module, and also I enabled DisqusRules, that depends on Disqus Comments.

I hope that works.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM

@the_Simian: Thanks for your effort.

However, for blogging purposes I have switched to wordpress with mysql on windows. After a bit complicated installation process it works fine and has a ton more features than the orchard blog module. Which really, really is the most stripped down blog engine I have ever seen. Which seems very strange for such a complex framework as orchard.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Edited Feb 7, 2013 at 4:31 AM
@ wotaewer

Well, the project is very modular in nature, so, if I am to understand the core premise of the architecture, the blog part will be as stripped down as much as possible -the bare bits needed to be a blog- , and to add more features you need to install the appropriate modules, such as say - adding Disqus comments or somesuch. Orchard is not merely a blogging engine, but its a highly componentized module sytem. Its really larger in scope than a blog, but the pieces are small.

I am enjoying my exploration of this system personally, though I can rightly see how the learning curve can be frustrating.
Sep 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM
well, after giving orchard another run, I have followed your instructions, however disqus still does not seem to work for me.

I downloaded the package and enabled it in the modules page. However I cannot enable the disqus rules module - there is simply no button.

How can I do this?

And also I do not see any navigation menu on the left side for disqus...

I am on orchard 1.7 btw.

Thanks for your help